1. Spend some time THINKING about what you will say.
2. Use complete sentences, understandable grammar--and make an attempt to spell words correctly. While this isn't a formal paper, you want to be understood by fellow posters.
3. Do give your fellow posters the main gist or idea of what you are trying to say in a few sentences at the beginning of your post.
3. Use specific examples from the film clip, art work, poem--or whatever--you are responding to help your fellow posters understand what you are trying to say.
4. If you disagree with a fellow poster, or see another angle--do so in a polite, non-threatening way. It's o.k. to disagree--as long as you still respect others' opinions. Always remember: WE ALL DESERVE RESPECT.
You might end your post with a question that would allow for responses from others.